[kdepim-users] Kopete, Pidgin and Empathy headache with ICQ

O. Sinclair o.sinclair at gmail.com
Tue Nov 16 08:46:32 GMT 2010

I know ICQ is not so fashionable any longer but we use it extensively.
Suddenly this morning Kopete can not log in to my account any longer
"wrong password". This is not correct as I can login from the web and
with their flash-based "icq2go" app with same password.

downloaded and tried Empathy, no luck. Tried Pidgin who displays
"unexpected response" on login attempt but no luck.

Any other user out there knows what is going on or if there is a way
around this (apart from "icq2go" that is)? ICQ forums useless,
ubuntuforums no mention that I can find.

Kind regards
Sinclair