[kdepim-users] Re: Using external calendar file with Kontact...

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Sun Nov 28 19:17:55 GMT 2010

On Sunday 28 November 2010 08:54:19 r bartlett wrote:
> Yes, but since this is on /home/wife and I'm on /home/husband is there any
> way  to have the file accessible to me without meaning I have to chmod 777
> each and every directory in the path /home/wife/.kde/share/apps/korganizer?
>
> Could this file reside somewhere that both/any users have access to?  Like
> /home  perhaps?

My non-tech solution is to a similar problem.  My husband needs read-only
access to my calendar.  I have a data partition owned by users, but I would
think you could simply create a directory at root level and change its
ownership to users.  I then have cron run an rsync to copy my calendar to that
shared area, then add the copied version to his calendar.  It's zero-
maintenance.

Anne
--
KDE Community Working Group