[kdepim-users] Re: not all Contacts available

Myrosia Dzikovska myrosia at gmail.com
Thu Nov 25 11:43:26 GMT 2010

> Start by reading http://userbase.kde.org/Akonadi_and_AddressBook and
> http://userbase.kde.org/KAddressBook .together with other pages linked from
> there.

I _have_ read those pages as part of trying to figure things out, and
found them completely unhelpful. There is a very brief mention of
"it's not recommended that you use the Address Book" somewhere in the
middle of the page, but "not recommended" does not translate to
"nothing in the Address Book will be visible to KMail". In addition,
even if there is documentation, I think the interface is deceptive.
The "Address Book" and "Personal Contacts" look the same in the
KAddressBook interface and have similar sounding generic names. There
is absolutely nothing to indicate that one is usable with KMail and
the other doesn't. This is just plain confusing. I say this as a user
with 10 years Linux experience. I didn't like having to spend an hour
googling trying to figure out what the problem is. An average user
(like my mom) doesn't stand a chance in this situation.

Myrosia