[kdepim-users] Re: Kmail: Configuring Message List columns

Werner Joss werner at hoernerfranzracing.de
Fri Nov 5 21:09:04 GMT 2010

Am Freitag, 5. November 2010, um 21:47:52 schrieb Ingo Klöcker:
> On Friday 05 November 2010, Werner Joss wrote:
> > Am Freitag, 5. November 2010, um 15:59:33 schrieb Pablo Sanchez:
> > > I literally see what you mean about the data stored in `kmailrc'
> > > being cryptic.  After looking at the data for a second, my
> > > eyeballs nearly caught fire.
> >
> > *g*
> > - to be honest, it seems to me to some sort of lookup-table/indexlist
> > or thelike.
> > looking at the source would probably help understand the principle,
> > but I admit, I'm too lazy ATM ...
>
> You will have to look at Qt's source code since we use standard
> functionality provided by Qt:
>   http://doc.qt.nokia.com/latest/qheaderview.html#saveState
>   http://qt.gitorious.com/qt/qt/blobs/4.7/src/gui/itemviews/qheaderview.cpp

thanks, Ingo,
I understand this is also some sort of 'wink mit dem zaunpfahl' (german idiom)
to motivate diving into the source code :)
but, frankly, ATM I'm not willing/able to do this - just too many other
priorities around, in addition to my very limited experience in c++
programmig...
however, my plan is, once retired from 'real world work' for my employer
(which might not be too far in the future) to try to also contribute some code
to KDE, even if it is only some patches for relative simple
bugs/whishlists/whatever.

werner