[kdepim-users] Repost -- ONLY start KMail

Joshua J. Kugler joshua at joshuakugler.com
Fri May 7 17:27:54 BST 2010

On Friday 07 May 2010, John Aldrich elucidated thus:
> I sent this almost 4 hours ago and have not seen it make the list
> yet, so I thought I'd re-send it in case it got lost in transit....
> Is there any way to start KMail without starting all the other junk
> such as calendar, reminders, etc. associated with KDEPIM? All I want
> is email. If I want a calendar, I'll start it, but 99.999% of the
> time, all I want is email.
>
> I'm NOT looking for an Outlook replacement on my linux box, just a
> plain old email client!

It made it to the list, and was answered twice. :)  Just start KMail via
Alt-F2 or from the command line.  Also, there should be a "KMail" entry
in your K Menu.

Joshua J. Kugler -- Fairbanks, AK
Blogs: http://jjncj.com/blog/ (Family) -- http://joshuakugler.com (Geek)
Every knee shall bow, and every tongue confess, in heaven, on earth, and
under the earth, that Jesus Christ is LORD