[kdepim-users] akonadi

Anne Wilson annew at kde.org
Sun May 23 15:44:03 BST 2010

On Sunday 23 May 2010 13:36:10 Don Venable wrote:
> I have not been using Kubuntu for very long.  I have found akonadi
> impossible to configure.  It eventually froze and I could resorted to
> reloading the program. It didn't freeze after that but it still does not
> work.

Akonadi problems in kubuntu seems to be a recurring theme, at the moment :-)
Meanwhile, have you worked your way through these pages, applying whichever
bits seem to be relevant?

http://userbase.kde.org/Akonadi
http://userbase.kde.org/Akonadi_4.4/Troubleshooting
http://userbase.kde.org/KAddressBook_4.4
http://userbase.kde.org/Akonadi_and_AddressBook

A couple more things to check -

In ~/.kde/share/config/kontactrc disable the SpecialDates plugin -

kontact_specialdatespluginEnabled=false

In /.kde/share/config/kontact_summaryrc, remove any reference to the
SpecialDates plugin.

Back in kontactrc, you may find it necessary to check which module is your
startup one.  I always preferred Summary, but this had some problems for me
(others didn't confirm it).  Just to be safe, look for the [View] section and
set

ForcedStartupPlugin=kontact_korganizerplugin

If everything works at the end of this you can always experiment with the
startup.

Anne
--
KDE Community Working Group