[kdepim-users] Kmail distribution lists

upscope upscope at nwi.net
Sat May 15 23:35:29 BST 2010

On Thursday, May 13, 2010 09:08:54 am Anne Wilson wrote:
> On Thursday 13 May 2010 16:11:50 Anne Wilson wrote:
> >  I'd
> >
> > suggest that you set up a similar test group, and check that it
> > works.  If it  does, you can simple carry on creating your new
> > group.  Starting to add a name brings up a list of possible
> > matches, so it's not as bad a job as you think. Having said
> > that, don't forget to organise backing up the contacts.
>
> It occurs to me that you might be confusing address folders and
> distribution lists.  Address folders make administration of
> addresses easier.  You need to create Groups which can be in any
> folder.  Groups replace the old distribution lists.
>
> Anne
No I understand. I have five address book folders under personal
Contacts. Entries vary from 6 to 72 names. I then selected entries
from the the folders that I wanted to be on my mailing lists
(distribution lists) by entering them in a new kmail message and
saved the list by clicking the save list button. This asked me where
to store them. I put them in a separate folder under personal
contacts called Mailing_lists. Now when I go into kmail and select
Address book: Distribution Lists they show up. Also my three older
kmail distribution lists also show up (Nor sure where they are keep
but must have been from the migration).

Mainly I see all my contacts under ~/.local/contacts/ in several
address book folders and the Mailing_Lists contacts the new
lists(distribution) but not the old ones.  Where wood they be keep.

Is there a way to verify I am in fact using the mysql data abse in
~/home/.local/akonadi? Can I change it to run off my sql server on
localhost? I do not see the Data base when I use phpMyAdmin ( I see
my three other databases.

Sorry to be a pest but I need to get thing correct and try to use it
since 4.5 is due around the time my news letter will be  going out
on a regular basis, and also when openSUSE 11.3 comes out. I don't
mind being bleeding edge, but i do agree with your concers in the
thread on delaying the release of Akonadi and kmail addressbook.

Thanks for your support and concerns for a good product. Not enough
of that these days.