[kdepim-users] KAddress Book entries not showing up in KMail

John Aldrich jmaldrich at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 25 20:14:43 GMT 2010

I have to say that the UserBase article is ***NOT*** clear at all. It's as
clear as 6 inches of battleship armor! However, after messing around with
various and sundry settings in the systemsettings ->advanced ->KDE
Resources I seem to have managed to make it work, finally.

We *really* need better integration between KAB and KDEPIM/KMail/Kontact.
We should NOT have to manually integrate KAB with KDEPIM/KMail/Kontact. If
you're going to make it so you open KAB from within KMail, at a MINIMUM you
ought to make sure that KMail/KDEPIM pulls from there by default! There's
no need to go messing around in the guts. There's no way in hell that KMail
is going to be adopted by the end users out there if it frurstrates the
hell out of advanced users like myself and Eli.

Maybe the goal of the KDE Developers is to create something only THEY can
master as they are the "gurus" and want all the accolades and worship they
can get. Somehow, I don't think that's it. For some reason, it seems to me
that they are trying to create something that can be as universally
accepted as Outlook is. Well, they sure as heck aren't going to get it if
they keep breaking stuff like KAB and KMail integration! Hell, I never even
knew they were two separate apps.

Stuff like this is going to push more and more people to adopt something
like Thunderbird! IF the developers want KMail / KDEPIM / Kontact more
universally accepted they're going to have to fix these integration bugs!