[kdepim-users] Folder identities [SOLVED]

Frank Thieme frank at fthieme.net
Sun Mar 28 20:13:03 BST 2010

On Sunday 28 March 2010 20:33:50 Anne Wilson wrote:
> Perhaps it depends on the type of use  The only ISPs I've dealt with (4)
> have required passwords to download mail but not for sending.  I guess
> that since you are using their connection there's no problem.  OTOH, you
> can't send using their smtp if you are not on your home connection, which
> is why I have a gmail one set up for when I'm away.

As I said, I just know one ISP (here in Germany) who acts like this. All
others I stumpled upon wants to have you authenticated to their SMTP. But you
can use them if you are outside of their network as well...

Thats why I wondered about the "most ISPs" ;)

Always interesting to learn something new...

Bye...Frank