[kdepim-users] misc. questions kmail/kaddressbook

Carsten Aulbert carsten.aulbert at aei.mpg.de
Tue Mar 2 15:52:45 GMT 2010

Hi Anne

On Tuesday 02 March 2010 16:20:03 Anne Wilson wrote:

> Quick Search is just that.  Naturally it's basic ;-)  Take a look at Edit >
> Find Messages

But it's more basic than t-bird's ;)

> Never tried to, so I don't know, but it's a simply checkbox.  I would think
>  it would default to remembering your last setting, but if it doesn't it's
>  easily changed when entering your search criteria.

it is, but I tend to forget it and when it then starts to look into my
inbox... it takes a while (I'm a email maniac, my inbox usually having 30k-60k
emails inside, that's the reason why I need a very good quick search :))

> > (3) in kaddressbook: when I add names, they are not automatically changed
> > to my preferred layout of Lastname, Firstname. Is there a way to get
> > around the "open in addressbook, open name, change order, click ok"?
>
> No.  I think someone said they had registered a bug/wish for this.  You
>  should vote for it.

OK. I'll try the tracker for that one!

Thanks for the quick response!

Final question for today: Is there a KDE (related) booth at Cebit, as I will
be there tomorrow?

Cheers

Carsten

--
Dr. Carsten Aulbert - Max Planck Institute for Gravitational Physics
Callinstrasse 38, 30167 Hannover, Germany