[kdepim-users] Folder identities [SOLVED]

Anne Wilson annew at kde.org
Sun Mar 28 19:33:50 BST 2010

On Sunday 28 March 2010 19:08:13 Frank Thieme wrote:
> On Sunday 28 March 2010 19:14:22 Anne Wilson wrote:
> > Do the three accounts need different passwords?  Just wondering, because
> > unlike most ISPs, gmail requires you to login with your password to send.
>
> Unlike most ISPs? Where are you living? I know exactly one, where you don't
> need a password, but all others I know do...

Perhaps it depends on the type of use  The only ISPs I've dealt with (4) have
required passwords to download mail but not for sending.  I guess that since
you are using their connection there's no problem.  OTOH, you can't send using
their smtp if you are not on your home connection, which is why I have a gmail
one set up for when I'm away.

Anne
--
KDE Community Working Group