[kdepim-users] Cloning Kmail?

Stan Goodman stan.goodman at hashkedim.com
Tue Mar 9 18:29:15 GMT 2010

I have a desktop machine and a laptop both running openSuSE 11.1 with
kde3, both with Kontact 1.9.10 installed. I wish to clone the content of
the desktop's Kmail to that on the laptop.

I've already done that with the addressbook, which has export and inport
facilities ready to use. I do not find similar export/import options in
the Kmail menu system, not does a search for "export" turn up anything in
the Kmail manual. Hae I missed something? Or has nobody ever noticed that
export/import might be a handy tool to have, for either cloning or just
for backup purpopses?

I would like to populate the laptop's now empty Kmail with the settings,
filters, and folder structure as they are in the desktop machine. A
glance at the contents of the ~/.kde folder does not look to contain the
elements that I would need to copy to the laptop. Where are these things
stored?
--
Stan Goodman
Qiryat Tiv'on