[kdepim-users] kaddressbook 4.4 - contacts

Thu Mar 18 18:50:05 GMT 2010

On Thursday 18 March 2010 16:05:03 Anne Wilson wrote:
> On Wednesday 17 March 2010 18:56:06 Art Alexion wrote:

> > > Have you tried starting kaddressbook as described in
> > > http://userbase.kde.org/Akonadi#I_can.27t_see_any_details_in_my_Address
> > > _B ook ?
> >
> > Not applicable as I only run kmail and kaddressbook as stand alone
> > apps all of the time.
>
> Hmm - must be one of the kubuntu specials, then, I think.  Certainly I can
> see the entries in all my addressbooks.

Actually the problem here is that kaddressbook is ported to akonadi while
kmail is not yet. Hence, if you have your contacts in an akonadi-only resource
(such as "Personal Contacts" which are stored in ~/.local/share/contacts) you
will not be abloe to see those ids from kmail. For compatibility with kmail
for the time being make sure that your contacts are stored in a "KDE address
book" resource for a file at ~/.kde/share/apps/kabc/std.vcf

You can create this resource from akonadi configuration module in system
settings if not already present.
--
Cheers!
Kishore