[kdepim-users] Folder identities [SOLVED]

Art Alexion art.alexion at verizon.net
Sun Mar 28 17:58:32 BST 2010

I finally solved this problem, and am posting the solution in case anyone else
ever encounters it.

Turns out that the problem resulted from the fact that my 3 accounts are
google hosted.  I was using the same SMTP for all 3 identities.  Once I
changed the SMTP for the other two to the corresponding google apps address,
rather than the default gmail smtp, the folders now stick.

From a diagnosis standpoint, I think this is strange.  I don't know what kmail
does that the prior setting would confuse it, but changing the sMTP fixed it.

Thanks to all who offered input to fix this.

--
Art Alexion