[kdepim-users] KMail locks up

Ingo Klöcker kloecker at kde.org
Sun Jun 13 18:24:07 BST 2010

On Sunday 13 June 2010, John Aldrich wrote:
> On Sun June 13 2010, Ferdinand Gassauer wrote:
> > > I don't *think* that's the issue. I have a DSL connection which
> > > is "always on." I suppose the remote connection could be
> > > dropping the connection.
> >
> > I have a 1Mbit cable connection which is always on, but
> > nevertheless sometimes I have some minutes  failures - then the
> > problem
>
> Yeah. As I said, it could be the remote side not responding on
> connect, which would cause KMail to freak out, I suppose. Still, it
> seems like there ought to be a more "graceful" way for KMail to
> handle a failure to connect or dropped connection.

Hmm, occasionally I lose connection to my IMAP server because either my
DSL connection goes offline or the server is temporarily not available
for some other reason. Usually, KMail tells me that the connection is
broken and when it's up and running again I can access the IMAP server
again. Only very seldom I have to restart KMail. Note, that I don't use
interval checking. Maybe that's making a difference.