[kdepim-users] I can't find the vcard tags anymore...

Anne Wilson annew at kde.org
Tue Jun 1 11:03:35 BST 2010

On Monday 31 May 2010 21:37:44 r bartlett wrote:
> I used to have markers for my "family" "friends" "postcard list" and so on
> so that I could easily pick out the contacts I wanted from the vast list
> of chaff.  I'm not seeing any place where these are now stored...nor any
> way to add them.  Am I missing something or has this (extremely useful!)
> feature gone the way of the dodo?

The data isn't lost.  KAddressBook, as it was released with 4.4, had no way of
getting to the information.  A short time ago the developer released an update
that made behaviour similar to the old distribution lists possible.  About the
same time, and without any idea which update did it, I found that if I used
Select when creating a message, not only could I choose the addressbook (I
have more than one) but I could see the category lists that I created long
ago.

It's my guess that we will see the complete return of this functionality when
KDE-pim releases the updates, which will not be immediately with 4.5, but as
soon after as they feel they have got migration working as smoothly as
possible.  By the way, instead of Categories, Tags will be used.  I imagine
that our categories will be migrated to tags.

Anne
--
KDE Community Working Group