[kdepim-users] When/where does Akonadi propogate contact changes?

Vitor M. Pereira vmpereir at fc.up.pt
Wed Jun 23 17:34:08 BST 2010

On Saturday 19 June 2010 at 15:24, Matthew Moore wrote:
> I have a standard Akonadi setup for kaddressbook, with contacts
> stored in .local/share/contacts. Here is the situation:
>
> -) I have made a few (minor) changes to some contacts via
> kaddressbook. -) I use rsync as part of a backup script, and rsync
> is not detecting any changes to any files in
> .local/share/contacts.
> -) The .vcf files themselves do not reflect the changes made.

I'm having exactly the same problem... :-(

I have several vcf addressbook files stored on the folder
/home/myself/Addresses_e_Calendars

These files are properly configured in akonadi, and I have them
configured to be monitored for updates via the "Enable Monitoring"
option.

When I create a new contact or modify an existing one it stays fine in
kontact, but only until I close it. When it closes the target vcf is
not updated, and all modifications or new data is lost.

Inspecting xsession-errors, I found that every time I edit a contact,
the following message is appended:

[/usr/bin/akonadi_vcard_resource] akonadi_vcard_resource_1(17361)/kio
(KDirWatch) KDirWatchPrivate::removeEntry: doesn't know
"/home/myself/Addresses_e_Calendars"

So it looks like akonadi is indeed trying to monitor and update the
target vcf resource, but something goes wrong...

Vitor.