[kdepim-users] Contact Export misses post office box field

upscope upscope at nwi.net
Fri Jun 11 22:05:48 BST 2010

When you enter or edit a contact there is a field under Location new
or edit called Post Office Box field. I've been putting the P.O. Box
in that field instead of in the street field.

Problem: When you export your contact as a csv or vcard, that field
does not get exported. Since  I'm using the export feature to keep
an additional form of backup and to move to my test environment of
the newer OS version. Also the V card display in column three of
Contacts does not show the Post Office Box.

Is this field supposed to be exported? If so I will file a bug
report, if not I'll turn in request to add field to export.

Also is there a document somewhere on exactly how to setup the MySQL
DB on a local host. I tried changing the location of the DB in
Akonadi Server Configuration, but that did not work. I suspect I may
have to create the DB and User first, then change the server
configuration similar to Amarok. Then execute the same type commands
it requires.

Does Akonadi create the tables and move the data?

openSUSE 11.2 | Platform Version 4.4.3 (KDE 4.4.3) | KAddressBook
Version 4.4.3

and in

openSUSE 11.3 | Platform Version 4.5.Beta 2 (KDE 4.4.85) Release "3"
| KAddressBook Version 4.4.85

Thanks for any pointers or answers.