[kdepim-users] old e-mails by pop

Dj YB yehielb at mail.ru
Thu Jun 17 22:13:04 BST 2010

On Thursday June 17 2010 21:30:58 Ingo Klöcker wrote:
> On Wednesday 16 June 2010, Dj YB wrote:
> > On Wednesday June 16 2010 23:53:07 Dj YB wrote:
> > > hello,
> > > I have a pop account that is set up to keep the messages on the
> > > server for 2 days.
> > > however since yesterday I keep on getting old messages like two
> > > months old, that have been deleted locally (or not).
> > >
> > > how could I know if this is my pop provider error or kmail or
> > > something else local?
> >
> > further checking revealed that a group of old messages from march
> > somehow remained on the server,
> > I deleted those, but still why would kmail download them if they were
> > downloaded once before...
>
> KMail identifies those messages by a certain ID. Either this ID did
> change on the server for some reason. Or the list of IDs which is stored
> in a file in ~/.kde/share/apps/kmail/ was lost.

well, the problem happened for a duration of two days after-which I manually
deleted the old messages from the server.
after that it didn't happen again.
so I have no way of checking that unlit it will happen again perhaps I can
compare the ID's of the deleted messages to their identical older messages...
should do that just for curiosity.

thanks,
YB.