[kdepim-users] VCal bug

Rudy Tuik rudy.tuik at xs4all.nl
Sat Jul 10 09:31:21 BST 2010

System:
Kpilot 4.9.4-3510 @ KDE 3.5.10 r 21.12.1 openSUSE
HotSync v 5.4.0 @ PalmOS Garnet v 5.4.9

Purpose
To update palm-calander with PC-data (KOrganiser .ics file on non-standard location)

Bug:
When setting
>KPilot-menu>Settings>Configure KPilot>Conduits:Agenda (KOrganiser)>Conflicts>Conflict resolution
to either:
- Ask user
- Handheld overrides
- PC overrides
gives always the same result: The file on the PC is overwritten without furter notification.
Which would have led to data loss if I had not made a backup.

In all cases the log says:
"Records worden naar het PalmOS(tm)-apparaat gekopieerd"
which is faulty because data is going the other way.

I solved my problem by using "KPilot>Menu>Copy PC to Handheld" but would prefer a reliable conduit-setting.

Met vriendelijke groeten
Rudy Tuik