[kdepim-users] Moving message to folder when mail is opened

Ingo Klöcker kloecker at kde.org
Sat Jul 10 21:44:13 BST 2010

On Saturday 10 July 2010, Pascal Bernhard wrote:
> Am Samstag, 10. Juli 2010 19:36:13 schrieb Ingo Klöcker:
> > For technical reasons moving a message which is shown in a separate
> > viewer is not possible. There only Copy To is available in the
> > menu.
>
> What exactly is this technical reason? It works in Evolution. So
> somehow it has to be possible to implement that feature.

Of course, it's possible. Anything is possible when it comes to
computers. It's just not possible in KMail due to its current
architecture. Thanks to all the refactoring that was done as part of the
port to Akonadi it will be technically possible to implement this in
KMail2.

> > I doubt that this has ever worked. Which tooltip popup told you
> > that it should be possible?
>
> I didn't pay that much attention to the popup, but do they have an ID
> number, so that I can give some more detail. Next time it pops up, I
> will copy the text.

Do you probably mean the Tip of the Day? It says: "Did you know that you
can go to the next and previous message by using the right and left
arrow keys respectively?" This is true but only for the main window.