[kdepim-users] Kaddressbook print feature

Mike Moore moore135 at t-online.de
Sun Jan 10 18:38:47 GMT 2010

Hello all.

This holiday, my wife and I went shopping for a new paper address book for
her.  She then spent an hour and copied all her old addresses into the new
book.  It was clear to me that a better way to do this is to maintain your
contacts in kaddressbook and then print them out for reference - thus you can
maintain both a paper and electronic version.

Kaddressbook has this capability, but I find the printing options limited.
I would like to create some new print templates (and perhaps correct one of
the existing templates I saw having format problems).  This would help my
wife, give me a nice project to work on in my limited spare time, and allow me
to contribute something back to the wonderful KDE community.

Any thoughts on where to begin?  I would like to correspond with someone
directly for a few hints on where the print templates are stored, etc... (or
on mailing list if appropriate).

Best regards,
Mike