[kdepim-users] spell check dictionaries

James Kerr jim at jkerr82508.free-online.co.uk
Sun Jan 10 15:22:48 GMT 2010

On Sunday 10 January 2010 Art Alexion wrote:

> My KDE/kmail spell checker is apparently English-GB.  No offense to
>  my British friends, but I prefer to use English-US, as that is
>  where I live and do most of my correspondence.  I have been
>  noticing that a lot of correctly spelled words are flagged as
>  misspelled and the suggestions are the British spelling. An
>  example is "behavior" which kmail wants me to spell, "behaviour".
>
> What is the package I should be looking for with the English-US
>  dictionaries?
>
> On a possibly off topic, related issue, KDE apps want to print on
>  A4 instead of US Letter, by default.  Where do I change that
>  setting in KDE 4?

Sounds as though you may need to change your system locale from en_GB
to en_US. How you do that depends on your distro. You can change the
user's locale for KDE applications in systemsettings - Region &
Language - Country/Region & Language.

US English is the KDE default and so you should not have to install
any additional packages.

Jim