[kdepim-users] installing Kontact

Werner Joss werner at hoernerfranzracing.de
Mon Jan 4 15:31:28 GMT 2010

Am Monday 04 January 2010 12:53:18 schrieb Ali Hassan:
> Please help me install kontact on my RHEL machiine.
> I suppose it is default, but it is not existing.
> I downloaded kdepim-3.5.9.tar.bz2.
> When i run configure it shows a list of unavailable packages???

kdepim-3.5.9.tar.bz2 is the so called source tarball - you should not need to
use this, as it will require a full development system to be setup.

> I am using RHEL 5.2
> Yes I have root access.
> Yes, KDE 3.5 is installed.

I'm not familiar with rhel,
however, you should be able to install a binary package for kontact using your
packagemanager or just plain old rpm (try rpm --help).

werner