[kdepim-users] kmail & konqueror vs. firefox ? [on UBUNTU]

Norman Bookstein norman at cal.berkeley.edu
Sat Jan 2 18:57:16 GMT 2010

Hi,

When I click on a link in kmail it opens in konqueror no matter what my
system settings [in UBUNTU] request.  Konqueror has a problem on my
system and is unstable.  I want kmail links to open in Firefox, but I
cannot find a setting that will perform that, other than copy and paste.
Any pointers for me?

Q. 2  Can I configure kmail to exhibit some indicator (e.g., system bar at
top) to indicate new mail received from last reading?  kmail does almost
provide that by exhibiting the number of (unread) messages, but then
you have to keep track of the previous number in order to ascertain if
there's an new message.

Q.3  It's easy to find new messages in the inbox, but if a filter has
stashed it somewhere else is there some alert to tell me to look in other
boxes?

thanks,
norman
norman at cal.berkeley.edu