[kdepim-users] Can't save distribution list (4.4)

Anne Wilson annew at kde.org
Sat Feb 20 19:07:43 GMT 2010

On Saturday 20 February 2010 13:48:42 Neal Becker wrote:
> Anne Wilson wrote:
> >>
> >> I can see my contact data, although it seems that each item is repeated
> >> 2 times.
> >
> > Not surprising, since you have two std.vcf entries.

I'd recommend going to the Akonadi Configuration console and delete one of
those resources.  You probably added it when trying to get some other part of
this working.

> > You still haven't
> > said
> > whether either of those are set up as akonadi-managed resources.  What do
> > you see in ~/.local/share/contacts/?
>
> I see lots of .vcf files.  Each one appears to be a vcard.
> I haven't said if any are akonadi-managed resources because I don't know
> how to tell.

That sounds like a successful migration.  When you open kaddressbook (in or
out of kontact) what addressbooks do you see?  I think you'll recognise the
two std.vcf ones, one of which you are going to remove.  There should also be
a new one, probably called Personal Contacts.  Any new addresses you add
should be added to that one.  That's your akonadi controlled addressbook.
Keep the one std.vcf for fallback.

Anne
--
KDE Community Working Group