[kdepim-users] Unable to create new contact or address book after switching to KDE 4.4

Anne Wilson annew at kde.org
Fri Feb 19 20:39:16 GMT 2010

On Friday 19 February 2010 14:09:48 Johannes Schwall wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I'm using KDE 4.4 now with Ubuntu 9.10. Unfortunately, I'm now unable
> to create new contacts in my (std.vcf) address book or create a new
> address book. There's no error messages, it just doesn't work. Is
> there a way to get more information about this? (akonadi is running,
> because I had to start it manually an hour ago or so, because I wasn't
> able to access my address book at all without it running.) Any ideas?

Solutions to most migration problems can be found on
http://userbase.kde.org/Akonadi.

When you started kontact or kaddressbook after akonadi was started it should
have migrated your addressbook, but for some systems there have been problems
that, once identified, are not too difficult to solve.

Please let us know which solutions you try and what result you get.

Anne
--
KDE Community Working Group