[kdepim-users] Kontact and different kolab issues

Ingo Klöcker kloecker at kde.org
Wed Feb 17 21:31:11 GMT 2010

On Wednesday 17 February 2010, Fabian wrote:
> 3) In Thunderbird I had a different addressbooks and calendars for
> private and business use. With synckolab I could separate this
> informations in different imap folders. Is it somehow possible to
> manage different addressbooks and calendars with kolab from Kontact,
> too? It would be also ok to manage private and business stuff with
> different identities. But as I understood it is not possible to
> activate groupware for more than one identity.

Kontact does support different address books and calendars (stored in
different IMAP folders). I have used this ages ago for providing a
shared address book and calendar additionally to my private address book
and calendar. All you have to do is create additional folders and set
the folder contents setting of those folders to the desired value.