[kdepim-users] MySQL/Akonadi broken on Kubuntu with KDE 4.4

Art Alexion art.alexion at gmail.com
Sun Feb 14 13:06:35 GMT 2010

On Sun, Feb 14, 2010 at 7:49 AM, Martin Koller <kollix at aon.at> wrote:
> On Sunday 14 February 2010 00:25:36 Art Alexion wrote:

> But also I did not quite understand your last problem.
> You said
>> Unable to connect to dbus interface of control service

> Is that a message you get somewhere ?

Yes.  That is the first failure in the akonadi self-test.  I get it
for akonadi control process, akonadi server process, and nepomuk
search service.

> What if you log out and log in again so that the whole dbus thingy and akonadiserver
> get restarted ?

Tried that.  This is the current state of the akonadi error log.

Database process exited unexpectedly during initial connection!
executable: "/usr/sbin/mysqld-akonadi"
arguments: ("--defaults-file=/home/arthur/.local/share/akonadi//mysql.conf",
"--datadir=/home/arthur/.local/share/akonadi/db_data/",
"--socket=/home/arthur/.local/share/akonadi/db_misc/mysql.socket")
stdout: ""
stderr: "100214  7:53:03 [ERROR] Wrong option to sql-mode. Option(s)
given: strict_trans_tables,strict_all_tables,strict_error_for_division_by_zero,no_auto_create_user,no_auto_value_on_zero,no_engine_substitution,no_zero_date,no_zero_in_date,only_full_group_by,pipes_as_concat
Alternatives are:
'REAL_AS_FLOAT','PIPES_AS_CONCAT','ANSI_QUOTES','IGNORE_SPACE','?','ONLY_FULL_GROUP_BY','NO_UNSIGNED_SUBTRACTION','NO_DIR_IN_CREATE','POSTGRESQL','ORACLE','MSSQL','DB2','MAXDB','NO_KEY_OPTIONS','NO_TABLE_OPTIONS','NO_FIELD_OPTIONS','MYSQL323','MYSQL40','ANSI','NO_AUTO_VALUE_ON_ZERO','NO_BACKSLASH_ESCAPES','STRICT_TRANS_TABLES','STRICT_ALL_TABLES','NO_ZERO_IN_DATE','NO_ZERO_DATE','ALLOW_INVALID_DATES','ERROR_FOR_DIVISION_BY_ZERO','TRADITIONAL','NO_AUTO_CREATE_USER','HIGH_NOT_PRECEDENCE','NO_ENGINE_SUBSTITUTION','PAD_CHAR_TO_FULL_LENGTH'
: Success
100214  7:53:03 [ERROR] Aborting

Another thing that is happening is that it is not finding akonadi agents, but

$ ls /usr/share/akonadi/agents/
birthdaysresource.desktop   localbookmarksresource.desktop
nepomuktagresource.desktop
contactsresource.desktop    maildirresource.desktop         nntpresource.desktop
icalresource.desktop        maildispatcheragent.desktop
notesresource.desktop
imapresource.desktop        mboxresource.desktop            pop3resource.desktop
kabcresource.desktop        microblog.desktop
vcarddirresource.desktop
kcalresource.desktop        mtdummyresource.desktop
vcardresource.desktop
knutresource.desktop        nepomukcalendarfeeder.desktop
kolabproxyresource.desktop  nepomukcontactfeeder.desktop

and it claims that is where it searches in the self-test report.
Apparently that is not where it is searching.  Perhaps the
XDG_DATA_DIRS variable is not set properly (or at all).  How would I
remedy that?

--
artAlexion
sent unsigned from webmail interface