[kdepim-users] akonadi/mysql won't start

Anne Wilson annew at kde.org
Fri Feb 12 14:53:14 GMT 2010

On Friday 12 February 2010 11:31:03 Werner Joss wrote:
> Am Friday 12 February 2010 11:51:52 schrieb Art Alexion:
> > KmaIl won't start because the akonadi server won't start, because
> > mysql won't start because Innodb seems to be broken.
> >
> > I followed the kde links in the akonadi self test dialog, but nothing
> > there helped.
> >
> > MySQL put out InnoDB errors and directed me to
> > http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/error-creating-innodb.html
> > which offered some suggestions, that aren't easy to follow for someone
> > unfamiliar with MySQL..
> >
> > Here are some of the errors.  All help is appreciated.  I am stuck
> > with webmail until I can fix this.
>
> did you by any chance upgrade kde from 4.4rcX to 4.4 ?
> if yes, maybe you have been bitten by the same problem as I - see my other
> post on akonadi migration.

I've just added another bit to userbase that might help -
http://userbase.kde.org/Akonadi#Nepomuk_Indexing_Agents_have_been_Disabled

Between them, the hints on that page have now cured every problem for me.
Apparently between RC3 and full 4.4 there was a change to the akonadi database
structure.  If we had read release notes we would have known to remove the old
database before doing the update.  For me RC3 had been so smooth I didn't
expect problems, so I didn't read the notes.

Anne
--
KDE Community Working Group