[kdepim-users] Akonadi woes

Heiko Falk Heiko.Falk at tu-dortmund.de
Sat Feb 13 16:19:27 GMT 2010

Hi Ronny,

for the missing table mysql.servers, I did the following last week:

Most probably, you don't have your MySQL configuration file in place. Copy it
from /usr/share/config/akonadi/mysql-global.conf into ~/.config/akonadi/mysql-
local.conf. (For debian and openSuSE users the file ist located in
/etc/akonadi/mysql-global.conf). Then open it and uncomment the line
sql_mode=strict_trans_tables. If, after that, you get the following errors:

[ERROR] Plugin 'InnoDB' init function returned error.
[ERROR] Plugin 'InnoDB' registration as a STORAGE ENGINE failed.
[ERROR] Unknown/unsupported table type: innodb
[ERROR] Aborting

then in the same file find the line that starts just like the one above (which
you have uncommented), but has additional parameters, separated by commas
(something like sql_mode=strict_trans_tables,strict_all_tables, ...etc).
Comment the shorter sql_mode=... line and uncomment the longer one.

After this step, akonadi still didn't run in my case. I then took the
following steps in order to manually create the necessary mysql tables:

+ make sure no akonadi processes are running
+ Recursively remove $HOME/.local/share/akonadi including all subdirectories
+ start akonadi using akonadictl start
  This way, the directory above and all mysql tables are generated from
  scratch.
+ mysql_install_db --datadir=$HOME/.local/share/akonadi/db_data/
  Ignore potential error messages...
+ mysql_upgrade --socket=$HOME/.local/share/akonadi/db_misc/mysql.socket
+ stop akonadi and start it once again. After that, the error message
  concerning the missing table shouldn't appear any longer.

I found the above steps in some german ubuntu/akonadi FAQ.

Hope this helps.

  Heiko

On Saturday, 13. February 2010 17:07:54 Ronny Standtke wrote:
> Hi
>
> I just upgraded to KDE 4.4 on Kubuntu 9.10.
>
> Whenever I now start kontact, akonadi tries to start up but fails. Attached
>  is the "Akonadi Server Self-Test Report".
>
> Test 4 seems to be the culprit, mysqld-akonadi looks completely broken.
>
> Test 15 and 17 are very strange, they claim that they found a previous
>  error log but the log can not be opened. When I look for the log files
>  myself, they are not there...
>
> What do I need to do to make akonadi happy?
>
> Ronny

Dr. Heiko Falk

TU Dortmund University
Department of Computer Science 12