[kdepim-users] Can't save distribution list (4.4)

Anne Wilson annew at kde.org
Fri Feb 19 20:35:53 GMT 2010

On Friday 19 February 2010 17:59:17 Neal Becker wrote:
> Anne Wilson wrote:
> > On Friday 19 February 2010 12:14:23 Neal Becker wrote:
> >> conversion to 4.4 seems to have destroyed my distribution lists.
> >> So, in kmail, I compose a new messages, entered a list of addresses.
> >> Then
> >> 'Save distribution list'.  When I hit 'save list' I get a box 'Select
> >> the address book folder to store the contact group in'.  It's blank.  I
> >> can't do anything.
> >>
> >> kaddressbook shows these address books:
> >>
> >> Default Address Book
> >> device-0.vcf
> >> std.vcf
> >> std.vcf
> >
> > Unfortunately, there seems to be a mix of two incompatible technologies
> > here.
> > We need some more information, though.  First question - it doesn't look
> > as
> > though you have an akonadi-managed addressbook there.  Is that so?
> >
> > Does KAddressBook list your data if you run it stand-alone?
> >
> > Anne
>
> I can see my contact data, although it seems that each item is repeated 2
> times.

Not surprising, since you have two std.vcf entries.  You still haven't said
whether either of those are set up as akonadi-managed resources.  What do you
see in ~/.local/share/contacts/?

> My old dist lists are garbage, though.

They are not garbage - they are lists of record identifiers.  However they
cannot be used as they are.  Please do read other replies on similar subjects
as well as the userbase pages.  This has been said so many times.

Anne
--
KDE Community Working Group