[kdepim-users] akonadi/mysql won't start

Art Alexion art.alexion at verizon.net
Sat Feb 20 16:16:14 GMT 2010

On Saturday 20 February 2010 10:15:21 Ingo Klöcker wrote:
>   On Saturday 20 February 2010, Art Alexion wrote:
> > On Saturday 20 February 2010 09:22:51 Art Alexion wrote:
> > > Still getting nepomuk errors, but I understand that isn't
> > > necessary.  What does nepomuk provide?
> >

> > Never mind.  After removing the user akonadi directories, the
> > suggestions on the userbase (which had not worked for me before)
> > worked this time.
>
> Good.
>
> Which versions of the KDE SC did you use before 4.4.0? Did you use one
> of the betas or one of the RCs? Did you use 4.3.x? (I'm trying to find
> out which upgrade path you took.)

4.3.x from the Kubuntu 9.10 PPA.

Interestingly, there were no problems on my work machine with the same version
path.  There were two diffences.  The work machine is a 64 bit version, and
never had KDE 3.5.x.  The home machine was an upgrade from KDE 3.5, and there
may even been some pieces in my home directory from KDE 2.x (the build was
never that old, but I definitely transferred parts of prior computer's home
directories.

--
Art Alexion