[kdepim-users] IMAP + Server-side subscription

Orivej Desh masecretaire at gmx.fr
Tue Feb 9 12:14:05 GMT 2010

> > MailCollector folder is not visible in the list of all folders and
> > accounts on the left, but it is present in local and serverside
> > subscription lists of the gmx dIMAP account in kmail.
> >
> > Here is a snippet of a console imap session:
> >
> > * OK GMX IMAP4 StreamProxy ready
> > 0 login **** ****
> > 0 OK 62655841 logged in
> > 1 list "" "*"
> > * LIST () "/" "INBOX"
> > * LIST () "/" "MailCollect/orivej at yandex.ru"
> > * LIST (\Noinferiors) "/" "Drafts"
> > * LIST (\Noinferiors) "/" "Sent"
> > * LIST (\Noinferiors) "/" "Spam"
> > * LIST () "/" "Trash"
> > 1 OK Completed
>
> The name of the folder "MailCollect/orivej at yandex.ru" is probably
> confusing KMail. Maybe it splits the name at the '/'. Can you capture an
> IMAP session between KMail and the GMX server with Wireshark so that we
> can find out what KMail does?

Thanks, Wireshark seems to have revealed gmx server bug.

KMail, as shown by wireshark, uses different commands to list folders and to
actually check mail. 'list "" "*"' for the first and 'list "" "%"' recursively
for the second. Now, this is how imap.gmx.fr responses:

1 list "" "%"
* LIST () "/" "INBOX"
* LIST (\Noinferiors) "/" "Drafts"
* LIST (\Noinferiors) "/" "Sent"
* LIST (\Noinferiors) "/" "Spam"
* LIST () "/" "Trash"
1 OK Completed

It ignores MailCollect! I'll contact GMX support anytime soon.