[kdepim-users] Cannot open Kaddressbook

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Fri Feb 26 22:24:50 GMT 2010

>> Maybe. I have been fighting with this for a week, and I asked on the
>> list for suggestions. Several suggestions were made, but not to erase
>> the Nepomuk configuration (and database).
>
> We are still learning to make the right suggestions. There are many
> potential sources for problems with Akonadi and Nepomuk.

I understand that! I am not angry or jaded or anything, I was just
mentioning that starting on a fresh $HOME solved the problem, proving
that it was a user configuration problem and not missing software or a
global system problem. I figured that might be useful to know for
future cases.

> Deleting the Nepomuk configuration and database isn't the "right"
> solution. It's actually a rather crude solution because it throws away
> valuable data. But it's an effective solution for problems with
> Nepomuk's database.

Right.

Thanks for all the hard work. Know that I appreciate it!

--
Dotan Cohen

http://bido.com
http://what-is-what.com

Please CC me if you want to be sure that I read your message. I do not
read all list mail.