[kdepim-users] KMail problems

John Aldrich jmaldrich at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 28 14:43:51 GMT 2010

On Sunday 28 February 2010, Ingo Klöcker wrote:
> On Sunday 28 February 2010, John Aldrich wrote:

> > > Did you notice any indication (e.g. a small window with a progress
> > > bar) that Akonadi is being started? If not, please check whether
> > > Akonadi is running by running 'akonadictl status' in Konsole.
> > >
> > > Did KMail start on the second try?
> >
> > Ingo:
> > I got the following report from Akonadi Server configuration:
> >
> > Akonadi Server Self-Test Report
> > ===============================
>
> [snip]
>
> > Test 4:  ERROR
> > --------
> >
> > MySQL server log contains errors.
> > Details: The MySQL server error log file '<a
> > href='/home/john/.local/share/akonadi/db_data/mysql.err'>/home/john/.
> > local/share/akonadi/db_data/mysql.err</a>' contains errors.
> >
> > File content of '/home/john/.local/share/akonadi/db_data/mysql.err':
> > 100228  6:33:59 [Note] Plugin 'ndbcluster' is disabled.
> > 100228  6:33:59  InnoDB: Started; log sequence number 0 121847
> > 100228  6:33:59 [Warning] Can't open and lock time zone table: Table
> > 'mysql.time_zone_leap_second' doesn't exist trying to live without
> > them 100228  6:33:59 [ERROR] Can't open and lock privilege tables:
> > Table 'mysql.servers' doesn't exist
> > 100228  6:33:59 [Note] /usr/libexec/mysqld: ready for connections.
> > Version: '5.1.42-log'  socket:
> > '/home/john/.local/share/akonadi/db_misc/mysql.socket'  port: 0
> > Source distribution
> > 100228  6:49:47 [Warning] Aborted connection 13 to db: 'akonadi'
> > user: 'john' host: '' (Got an error reading communication packets)
>
> http://userbase.kde.org/Akonadi#Table_.27mysql._servers.27_doesn.27t_exi
> st
>
> > Test 11:  ERROR
> > --------
> >
> > Nepomuk search service not registered at D-Bus.
> > Details: The Nepomuk search service is not registered at D-Bus which
> > typically means it was not started or encountered a fatal error
> > during startup.
>
> Check
> http://userbase.kde.org/Akonadi#Nepomuk_Indexing_Agents_have_been_Disabl
> ed
>
> Also check whether Nepomuk is enabled at all in the KDE System Settings.
>
> ~/.kde/share/config/nepomukserverrc should look more or less as follows:
> ==========
> [Basic Settings]
> Start Nepomuk=true
>
> [Service-nepomukmigration1]
> autostart=false
>
> [Service-nepomukstrigiservice]
> autostart=true
>
> [main Settings]
> Maximum memory=50
> Storage Dir[$e]=$HOME/.kde/share/apps/nepomuk/repository/main/
> Used Soprano Backend=virtuosobackend
> index version=2
> ==========

Well, my nepopmukserverrc didn't look like the one you posted... Here's
what mine looks like:
[Basic Settings]
Configured repositories=main

[Service-nepomukmigration1]
autostart=flase

[main Settings]
Storage Dir[$e]=$HOME/.kde/share/apps/nepomuk/repository/main/
Used Soprano Backend=redland
rebuilt index for type indexing=true

I'll add the line you have about "start nepomuk." I also notice the
"backend" section is different. Does that matter?