[kdepim-users] KDE 4.4: kmail does not know contacts from kaddressbook

Sun Feb 14 23:25:34 GMT 2010

Hi,

Am Sonntag, 14. Februar 2010 18:00:08 schrieb Anne Wilson:
> I don't understand what you are trying (and failing) to do.  Can you
> explain again?

I tought I could use Kaddressbook the new way with "Personal Contacts"
("Persönliche Kontakte") and have all other applications of KDEPPIM use this
addresses".

But as far as I can see, there is nearly no use of the new Akonadi-
Kaddressbook, only the overview component of Kontact uses it. So what's the
reason to include the new Akonadi-Kaddressbook to 4.4 and let all other KDEPIM
applications still depend on Kresources? That's what causes many new
frustrations for normal users who don't understand the differences!

Regards,
Martin