[kdepim-users] Akonadi woes

Guido Pinkernell guido.pinkernell at gmx.de
Thu Feb 18 12:21:32 GMT 2010

Am Donnerstag, 18. Februar 2010 11:17:18 schrieb Anne Wilson:
> On Monday 15 February 2010 09:31:54 Ronny Standtke wrote:

> > OK, here is what I tried (see attachment New_Group.jpg)
> > File -> New -> New Group... (was disabled, no hint given why, does
> > anybody know the reason?)
> >
> > Then I pressed very long on the "New Contact" button so that another menu
> > opens where you can select the menu entry "New Contact Group" (see
> > attachment New_Contact_Group.jpg).
> > In the "New Contact Group" dialog I wanted to drag&drop the relevant
> > contacts, but to my surprise it doesn't seem to work anymore. I had to
> > type in the contacts. After pressing "OK", the dialog "Select Address
> > Book" opened and presented ... an empty list (see attachment
> > Select_Address_Book.jpg).
> >
> > What did I do wrong? How is creating a new contact group supposed to work
> > now?

> This is in the Personal Contacts addressbook, managed by Akonadi.  Why you
> have New Group greyed out, I don't know.  It's fine here.

"New Group" is greyed out here too, in KDE 4.4 (from 1.1.2 opensuse Factory).
It is also greyed out in the context menu of the kontacts name list. However,
following the instructions above the "New Contact Group" is not greyed out,
but the dropdown list in the settings dialogue, which apparently should show
all address books ("add to"), is empty.

I think that causes all settings for a new contact group to disappear, because
there is no address book where they would be saved.

Guido