[kdepim-users] Folder identities revisited

Ingo Klöcker kloecker at kde.org
Thu Feb 4 20:08:44 GMT 2010

On Wednesday 03 February 2010, Art Alexion wrote:
[snip]
> My kmail folder tree has 4 main branches, Local Folders (mostly
> unused), alexion.com, gpr.net, and gmail.com.  In alexion.com,
> folders are set to the default identity and this sticks.  In
> gpr.net, folders are not set to default identity, but to the gpr.net
> identity, and this setting also sticks.
>
> In the gmail.com identity, no folders are set to the default
> identity.  A few are set to the verizon.net identity, and the rest
> are set to the gmail.com identity.  The check box as to whether the
> default identity is set, sticks on all folders here.  The folders
> set to the verizon.net identity also stick, perfectly.  However, the
> folders set to the gmail.com identity always, after more than 5
> minutes, but less than an hour, revert to the alexion.com identity
> with is the default identity for the kmail application as a whole.
>
> I have made this setting in the gui and have hand edited kmailrc many
> times. The settings I set stick for that short period of time, but
> eventually revert to alexion.com.

I suspect this to be a problem with reading the settings from kmailrc
caused by the names of the folders (which are used as configuration
groups in kmailrc). Can you give an example of a configuration group in
kmailrc for which the setting does not stick?

> Unless there are better suggestions, I am thinking of moving kmailrc
> and letting kmail re-create a fresh one, and remaking the settings
> from scratch.

It is very unlikely that this will solve your problem.