[kdepim-users] MySQL/Akonadi broken on Kubuntu with KDE 4.4

Martin Koller kollix at aon.at
Sat Feb 13 21:22:01 GMT 2010

On Saturday 13 February 2010 15:48:53 Art Alexion wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 12, 2010 at 2:59 PM, Martin Koller <kollix at aon.at> wrote:
> > On Friday 12 February 2010 00:34:41 Art Alexion wrote:
> >> KmaIl won't start because the akonadi server won't start, because
> >> mysql won't start because Innodb seems to be broken.
> >>
> >> I followed the kde links in the akonadi self test dialog, but nothing
> >> there helped.
> >>

> > <snip>
> >
> >> mysql.err
> >> =======
> >> 100211 15:26:47 [Note] Plugin 'FEDERATED' is disabled.
> >> InnoDB: No valid checkpoint found.
> >> InnoDB: If this error appears when you are creating an InnoDB database,
> >> InnoDB: the problem may be that during an earlier attempt you managed
> >> InnoDB: to create the InnoDB data files, but log file creation failed.
> >> InnoDB: If that is the case, please refer to
> >> InnoDB: http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/error-creating-innodb.html
> >> 100211 15:26:47 [ERROR] Plugin 'InnoDB' init function returned error.
> >> 100211 15:26:47 [ERROR] Plugin 'InnoDB' registration as a STORAGE ENGINE failed.
> >> 100211 15:26:47 [ERROR] Unknown/unsupported table type: innodb
> >> 100211 15:26:47 [ERROR] Aborting
> >

> > Did you find http://userbase.kde.org/Akonadi#Table_.27mysql._servers.27_doesn.27t_exist ?
>
> Eventually I did and got past the mysql/innodb errors.  Now stuck on Akonadi
> Unable to connect to dbus interface of control service
> Googling that error just gets me pages on coding apps for dbus.

I had some dbus problem with the akonadiserver akonadi-runtime-1.3.0 package (openSuse 11.2).
They fixed a file descriptor leak in version 1.3.1.

Check the PID of dbus-daemon and do
ls -1 /proc/<PID of dbus-daemon>/fd | wc -l

with the problematic akonadiserver this got to 1024 where I couldn't do anything anymore with the
whole desktop until I closed some apps.

--
Best regards/Schöne Grüße

Martin    ()  ascii ribbon campaign - against html mail

Geschenkideen, Accessoires, Seifen, Kulinarisches: www.bibibest.at