[kdepim-users] Ubuntu One contacts

Werner Joss werner at hoernerfranzracing.de
Sun Feb 28 08:19:01 GMT 2010

Am Saturday 27 February 2010 19:50:37 schrieb Art Alexion:
> It is very convenient how evolution allows you to store your contacts on an
> ubuntu one account and use as your default addressbook.  Does anyone know
> if there is a way to get kaddressbook to do this?  Any plans to implement
> it?

I might be wrong, but AFAIK ubuntu one works very similar to dropbox:
you have a specific local folder which gets automatically synce'd to your
network storage and from there, propagated/kept up-to-date on all your
registered computers.
so you have always the same files in the same state on any of your pc's.
I do use this to have my contacts in sync anywhere,
just by keeping my std.vcf file in the dropbox folder.
works great, even with different kde versions on the clients (e.g. 4.4 here,
mostly 3.5.10 on others)

werner