[kdepim-users] KDE 4.4: kmail does not know contacts from kaddressbook

Sun Feb 14 16:20:43 GMT 2010

Hi,

Am Sonntag, 14. Februar 2010 15:44:23 schrieb Anne Wilson:
> From there you can either edit the existing entry - on this
> laptop it didn't correctly point to ~.local/share/contacts/) or you can
> set up a new, standard addressbook, pointing to
> ~/.kde/share/apps/kabc/std.vcf.  I elected to do both ;D

That's quite the same I did now.

In Akonadi I've one "Personal Contacts" ("Persönliche Kontakte") pointing to
~/.local/share/contacts/ and a VCard-File pointing to
~/daten/pim/Contacts/privat.vcf

In Kresources I've two VCards-Files pointing to
~/daten/pim/Contacts/privat.vcf and ~/daten/pim/Contacts/fhw.vcf.

Kadressbook shows the two data sources from Akonadi, I can edit both of them.

Korganizer uses only the two VCard-Files from Kressources as source for
birthdays. There is no Akonadi stuff configured in Korganizer.

The Overview of Kontact (Planer) uses the two sources from Akonadi to display
upcoming birthdays.

KMail uses only the two VCard adressbooks from Kresources

Regards,
Martin