[kdepim-users] Number of subfolders & Reply options

Art Alexion art.alexion at verizon.net
Fri Feb 5 18:17:17 GMT 2010

See below

On Thu, Feb 4, 2010 at 3:58 PM, Pascal Bernhard
<pascal.hasko.bernhard at googlemail.com> wrote:

> The problem is that my recipients consider the mail as meaningless when
> quoting below, since they do not see my message when opening the mail right
> away. They do not scroll down the quoted text. So writing above the quote is
> really essential in my case.

No it is not.  Write something short at the top, like I just did, to
let them know that your response is below.

> Frankly, I prefer writing my message above the
> quoted text, because I do not like to scroll down quoted stuff myself.

I see this argument a lot.  For me, this argument is rude.  It says,
"I can't be bothered to clean up the email that I am sending you.  I'd
rather clutter your mailbox and let you wade through the irrelevant
stuff."

Forcing you to scroll through the message that YOU are quoting, serves
to encourage you to trim it.

But wait... if you are using kmail, there is an elegant way to make
this easier for you and to allow you to treat your readers with
respect.  When you read an email and decide to reply, just highlight
the portion of that email which prompts your response, and kmail will
only quote your selection.  For me, this is one of kmail's best
features.

--
artAlexion
sent unsigned from webmail interface