[kdepim-users] Re: Turn off icon labels

Martin (KDE) kde at fahrendorf.de
Sun Dec 5 13:45:56 GMT 2010

Am Sonntag, 5. Dezember 2010 schrieb Anne Wilson:
> On Sunday 05 December 2010 11:34:45 DIL23 wrote:
> > On Sunday 05 December 2010 08:10:17 Anne Wilson wrote:
> > > On a new install I can't find where I can turn off icon labels
> > > (toolbar, etc.).  I had this on my older version, and have a
> > > feeling that it could be a global setting.  I was sure I
> > > documented it on UserBase, but search doesn't find it there
> > > either.  Can someone please remind me?
> > >
> > > Anne
> >
> > on my (ancient) system it's
> >
> > system settings-->Look & Feel-->Appearance
> >
> > Then the 'style' tab
> > Toolbar tab
> > Text Position drop down - choose 'icons only'
>
> It seems to have moved since then.  With a little off-list help I
> got kontact as I wanted it, and it seems that other apps too use
> the same method - it's directly configurable from the toolbar's
> context menu.

I think this is not the way it should happen. I have this "problem"
since a couple of version. I changed the system settings for this to
'icons only' (nur Text in German) but not all applications seems to
use this settings. Some have to be setup via the toolbar's context
menu. To my knowledge kontact was one of these programs.

> Thanks for answering, though.
>
> Anne

Martin