[kdepim-users] New computer

ianseeks ianseeks at dsl.pipex.com
Sun Aug 15 17:14:47 BST 2010

On Sunday 15 August 2010 14:01:46 Kishore wrote:
> On Sunday 15 Aug 2010 5:54:37 pm ianseeks wrote:
> > Question:  does each application that uses Akonadi have its own settings
> > and  data or do all apps share one database and settings database , a bit
> > like the Registry on that other OS?
>
> All apps share one database. Only the akonadi process (and/or its agents)
> access the actual database.

So this is the solution Microsoft offered as the future with Win 95 but never
actually did it.
I think the idea is sound but its so risky no matter how solid the database
is.
And if anyone manages to get a copy of your database, they will have access to
everything i.e. a single point of failure.
If there is an issue with one app then that could possibly stop you using any
KDE apps that use that database.
very scarey