[kdepim-users] Switching Identities

Frank Thieme frank at fthieme.net
Mon Aug 9 16:15:15 BST 2010

On Monday 09 August 2010 16:00:44 Bernd Gliss wrote:
> unfortunately, I am thinking of receiving email under a certain identity
> and associating this identity with directories on the server.  Maybe the
> meaning of 'identity' is not quite clear to me.

I guess so. Identity is used for composing an sending mails. KMail don't care
what identity it is received for.

You have
* identities - aka email addresses and settings for them
* incoming mail services - where you receive email from (IMAP / POP3 / ...)
* outgoing mail services - SMTP or sendmail

You can set outgoing mail service for each identity, and you can use filters to
put incoming mails into different folders.

Wenn es nur Englisch ist, dann schreib mir direkt und ich erzähls nochmal in
Deutsch ;)

Bye...Frank