[kdepim-users] KMail - Replying in HTML

John Murphy john at jjmurphy.com.au
Tue Aug 3 23:38:42 BST 2010

On Wed, 4 Aug 2010 03:38:08 am Ingo Klöcker wrote:
> On Tuesday 03 August 2010, Anoop wrote:
> > On Tue, Aug 3, 2010 at 12:10 PM, Johannes Graumann
> > <johannes_graumann at web.de> wrote:

> > > <Ctrl-N> --> Settings --> Toolbars Shown --> HTML Toolbar
> > > ?
> >
> > With this I can compose an email in HTML. But say if I received an
> > email in HTML and hit reply. Currently the reply mail is converted to
> > plain text. Is there a way to preserve the HTML?
>
> No. I am not aware of anybody working on making this possible. So, as
> far as I can tell, KMail 2.0 will not support this. Moreover, it's not
> very likely KMail will ever fully support this as no KMail core
> developer is interested in HTML messages.
>

> Regards,
> Ingo

Great shame.
Marks KMail as a snobby, only-techies-welcome client.
Why this groupthink "HTML is evil" is still around is a mystery.
I did think opensource was about choice - but not in some areas it seems.
Still, I suppose we should be thankful we have basic HTML - and spell-checkers.

Regards,
johnM