[kdepim-users] It would be really nice to send e-mail from KMail

Alexander Harrowell alexander.harrowell at stlpartners.com
Sun Aug 22 12:02:27 BST 2010

On Saturday 21 August 2010 20:47:11 Anne Wilson wrote:
> On Tuesday 17 August 2010 18:00:34 Alexander Harrowell wrote:
> > Having upgraded to KDE-PIM 4.4 today, I can no longer:
> >
> > 1) Send e-mail via my default SMTP identity. "Can't create SMTP job"
> > error message.
> >
> > 2) Read e-mail via my IMAP account. "Can't start process for imaps."
> > error message.
>
> It would perhaps help if we knew which distro you use, what you had before
>  you updated, and how you updated.
>
> Anne

OpenSUSE 11.2/KDE4.3.5. Updated by adding KDE:STABLE repo and updating kdepim.
Eventually fixed by downgrading, after it killed the graphical desktop (had to
remember how to set up WLAN connections from a command line).(PS, does this
message look ok? using KWrite as editor experimentally. oddly it seems to
generate html although turned off)