[kdepim-users] KDE-PIM 4.4.4 mangles contacts

Alexander Harrowell a.harrowell at gmail.com
Tue Aug 17 18:39:37 BST 2010

More 4.4.fail.

After doing the initial migration, and showing what appeared to be a correct
version of my contacts database, I thought I was getting somewhere when
nepomuk at last stopped hammering the hard disk.

The contacts view in Kontact now shows 20-odd out of 1,007 contacts, mostly
badly mangled (i.e random bits of text out of other contacts interpolated,
stuff missing). KDE4.3 did this itself some weeks ago and I restored from
backup. This is poor.