[kdepim-users] KMail - Replying in HTML

O. Sinclair orion2000za at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Aug 8 19:03:42 BST 2010

On 08/08/2010 19:44, Anne Wilson wrote:
> On Sunday 08 August 2010 17:59:36 O. Sinclair wrote:
>> On 08/08/2010 18:13,
> Anne Wilson wrote:

> thanks. That would put Kmail in the
>>>
>>> ranks of other programs who
> don't

>>> everyone's
> email. As it is, if we

> someone at our discretion, we still don't

> the crap
>>>
>>> to others.

> clever argument. If you
>>>
>>> accidentally do

> then you can improve and do it correct
>>>
>>> the next time (ie.
>>>

> setting the opion to reply in plain text only).

>>> if I
> compare opportunities und threats of proper html support, there is
>>>

> almost no disadvantage for the single user but many advantages specially
>>>

>>> for corporate users.

> don't care
>>>
>>> about spewing their junk

> email”, but it is still only the
>>>
>>> user, who is responsible.
>>>

>>> So, please don‘t argue for artificially limiting
>>>
>>> the power of
> some tools

>> in the commercial world

>>> I really
> do not understand
>>> this.  KMail users in general do not want this.  Other
> applications exist
>>> that give you it.  Why do you insist on trying to
> force it on us?
>>
>> you are not getting it Anne-  noone is trying to force
> YOU to use it but
>> we are quite a few number of users who would like to use
> this
>> functionality. In KMail, not another app.
>>
> No, you are not getting
> it.  Linux is about choice.  There are applications that provide html mail.
> If that's what you want, use one of them.  It's no coincidence that most
> KMail users that have been around for some time have it set to only display
> plain text.  That's what most of us want.  Those that want html mail can use
> an application designed to give them it.
>
> Anne
Dear Anne,

this is a question of philosophy. Yes, Linux/FOSS is about choice and
also possibilities. This is a choice I and others would like to have,
while you and others for some reason do not want to have the choice
available.

I have been using KMail for the last 3-4 years and am aware both of its
great usefulness as well as some of its weaknesses. I suspect you have
been using it longer than that as you have assisted me with solutions to
problems many times. Nevertheless, I would like to see a better editor
and HTML reply available.

As a choice.

Kind regards
Sinclair